Long-Lasting Plantation Shutters
Plantation shutters are a timeless and long-lasting window treatment rising in popularity here in Melbourne, and it’s easy to see why. They’re durable, easy to clean, and straightforward to operate with complete control over privacy and light.
Delux Blinds is partnered with the best there are Norman plantation shutters.
This must-have window furnishing for your new home or renovation includes options made and manufactured right here in Australia from the highest quality components and timber grown in Northern Queensland.
Norman plantation shutters include an Easy Tilt system and full motorisation of the shutter blades.
Features and Benefits of Plantation Shutters
They’re versatile when it comes to design, available in a number of stains and colours to match any décor, and they’re among the most functional and easy-to-use options on the market.
If you’re considering plantation shutters, you’re bound to benefit from this list:
- Experience energy efficiency as they block out heat-producing light and insulate against the cold during winter months.
- Gain better light control than other options including curtains by regulating the light in your rooms.
- Create a boost in your home value by installing permanent window furnishings that potential buyers are bound to love.
- Low-maintenance and time-saving as most simply wipe clean with dust or damp cloth on an as-needed basis.
- Insulate against more than temperature with shutters that also help dampen road noise.
What Makes Plantation Shutters Unique?
Most are made from either wood, faux wood or metal (such as aluminium). These different materials also allow for different homeowners with different budgets to take advantage of the style and functionality of plantation shutters at different price points.
Plantation shutters are unique from other window treatments, especially blinds, in how they operate. The shutters are made with slats, or louvres, that are fitted to a frame that is attached to the inside or outside of a window sill.
The louvres are designed to be operated by hand or can be motorised. The frames themselves can be operated like doors with hinges, allowing them to be fully opened rather than retracted.
Are Plantation Shutters Difficult To Install?
Not for the experts. Most plantation shutters are custom-measured, fit, and installed by a professional provider to ensure that they actually fit the space they’re intended for. The shutters need to be hung properly in order for them to be level and operate as expected.
There’s also quite a bit that goes into securing them to the window frame itself for the permanent installation. While the pros will be able to do this with finesse, it will also take them about an hour per window to get the job done right.
Are Plantation Shutters Expensive?
A number of factors go into determining the cost of a plantation shutter. First of all, your entire project will be determined by the total quantity of shutters you need, affecting both material and installation costs.
From there, it comes down to the details including:
- Material: Woodlore, Woodlore plus waterproof, Brightwood and Normandy
- Louvres: There are different options for different-sized slats which can affect material costs.
- Size: Larger shutters require more material and more time to install.
- Finishes: Custom colours and finishes are going to cost more than stock options.
- Operation: Motorisation can make them easier to use but comes at an extra price.
About Woodlore Plantation Shutters
We use only the best products when it comes to plantation shutters. With our partner, Norman plantation shutters, we’re happy to offer Woodlore shutters, which are the most popular in the world.
These provide a great balance of affordability and quality that customers can rely on. In addition, various product lines:
- Long-lasting good looks with trouble-free operation
- Safe for children and pets
- Available in a fully waterproof option called Woodlore Plus Waterproof for wet areas such as bathrooms and kitchens
- Comes with high-impact resistant materials and remains strong and durable in all conditions
- Made from sustainable engineered wood products grown and processed in Australia
- Finished with a hardwearing, medical-grade polypropylene finish resistant to scratching, chipping, cracking, fading, staining, and heat damage.
- Available in many colours including customised options
- Includes the Norman invisible Easy Tilt louvre system with no unsightly hidden tilt rods.
- Comes in five louvre blade size options of 47mm, 64mm, 76mm, 86mm and 114mm
- Includes a 5-year manufacturer warranty where even if you break it, we will replace it.
Our aluminium shutter range comes with stainless steel internal fixings, a must that provides long life for custom shutters fitted outside on balconies or deckings. They are commonly used for balconies, pool and BBQ areas, outdoor voids, and outdoor screening. Additional options include:
- Installation options for U Channel, Hinged, Bi-Fold, and Sliding options for outside doorways
- Available in both 90mm or 115mm Aerofoil Louvers
- Can be Dulux Powder Coated with the colour of your choice
The Right Choice For Your Plantation Shutters
With over 25 years of experience and a series of proven partnerships, Delux Blinds is Melbourne’s go-to supplier and installer for plantation shutters.
Whether you choose a true timber product or opt for aluminium, we have the products that can meet your needs when it comes to privacy, light control, and design.
We offer all clients a free 45-minute consultation to get things started. From there, you can expect to receive a detailed quote based on your exact measurements and interests within 48 hours.